AT&T Uverse comes with a router that has a rather low bandwidth and slow speed especially when connected to multiple devices, therefore it is necessary to get a compatible third-party router for your AT&T Uverse.
Getting a compatible router for an AT&T Uverse is a major concern for AT&T subscribers because, choosing the wrong router could bring you back to the reason why you got it in the first place- which is poor internet connectivity, and we are here as usual to ease your search.
After an extensive search, we have come up with our 10 best routers for AT&T Uverse. Netgear Night Hawk is our top pick router, it is a Wi-Fi 6 router with ultra-fast speed and wide wireless coverage. It is loaded with features of advanced technology including 4 powerful antennas, MU-MIMO, Beamforming technology amongst many others, and of course, it is compatible with AT&T Uverse and can be trusted to give you the seamless web experience that you earnestly desire.
This article contains a thorough review of all you need to know about our 10 best routers for AT&T Uverse. You can rest assured that all of the routers on our list would give you the best of your AT&T Uverse internet and make your time on the web worthwhile.
Best Router For AT&T Uverse Buying Guide
We have established that you need a router to improve your web experience and as we have also highlighted earlier, AT&T Uverse does not work with all routers, and using an incompatible router for your AT&T Uverse could make a mess of your time on the web.
How would you know if a router would be compatible with your service provider, which in this case is an ATT Uverse? There are a few things that you should note and we have made a sort of guide to help you choose the best router for AT&T Uverse.
- Compatibility: This is the major thing to look out for in getting the best router for your ATT Uverse is compatibility. Ensure that the router you are getting can work well with your Uverse or else you are back to square one.
- Internet speed and wireless coverage: The speed and wireless coverage of routers should also be looked out for. If you spend a lot of time online, be it for work or leisure (and almost everyone does!), the speed of the internet can and will affect your work rate and subsequent delivery. Hence you should ensure that you get a router that has high internet speed capacity that won’t fluctuate even when connected to multiple devices across a fairly wide range.
- Device prioritization: If you would be getting a third party router, you should get one with an option for device prioritization, this is particularly important in a case where a lot of people are connected to a router at once, and you need more speed or focus on a particular device.
- Security/Parental control: Confidentiality is another major concern for internet users, especially if you have information that you want to keep safe and away from people, your choice router should have an option for advanced settings that enables you to gain control over your router. Also, if you have young kids, you might want to monitor and restrict some of their activities, and you can successfully do this with routers that have parental smart control functions and with security settings.
- Advanced technology: Advanced features including MU-MIMO, beamforming for device prioritization, QoS, Smart apps for easy access to your network, and others are additional benefits attached to using third party routers. Getting one that has a number of these features will help you enjoy your internet service even better.
- Price tag: More importantly, you should go for a router that you can afford. Just like any other gadget, routers come with a different price tag and lower cost does not always translate to bad quality, particularly if you do not have the means.
Best Router For AT&T Uverse of 2020
Highlighted below is the summary of all you need to know about our 11 best routers for ATT Uverse, all of which made it to our list owing to their compatibility with AT&T Uverse network. We are certain that this review would be helpful in your search for a third party router for your Uverse.
Netgear Night Hawk AX8 (RAX80) – Best WIFI 6 router
Netgear Night Hawk is our best WiFi router for AT&T Uverse, it has a remarkable network capacity with a wide range of coverage and ultra-high-speed internet services for multiple devices alongside other amazing features.
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies,...
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or...
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and...
- Advanced technology: The router is powered by a 64bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor that has the capacity to transfer multi gigabits of data with low CPU load, Dual-band, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Alexa voice control, dynamic QoS for gaming and streaming sessions, and more.
- Multiple streaming capacity: It can make up to 8 simultaneous streams at a go, so you can connect all your devices to the internet at once and enjoy your time on the web with family and friends.
- High-speed WIFI performance and internet bandwidth: It provides a very fast WIFI speed of up to 6Gbps, an internet bandwidth of up to 2Gbps, and wide network coverage of up to 2500 sq. ft. which enables you to connect all your devices at once.
- Ethernet and USB ports: Netgear Night hawk router has a 5 x 1-gigabit ethernet port that would work well with your wired devices and 2 x 3.0 USB ports that you can connect to your wireless devices to share storage drives.
- Nighthawk app/Smart parental control: You can monitor the activity of users on your network while restricting the access of your kids from specific websites via the Nighthawk app.
- Network security and Netgear Armor: The router supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols and its Netgear armor is fortified with antivirus, antimalware and data protection that shields connected devices from internet threats.
- Easy setup and control
- Protection from threats
- 2Gbps wired connectivity support
- Ultrafast internet speed up to 6Gbps
- Simultaneous stream support
- Quite expensive
- Performance may decrease with increased distance
Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band AC1900 Max-Stream Router
Linksys EA7500 router is another one of our best router for ATT Uverse. It stands out as a router with the latest MU-MIMO technology, a wide wireless coverage, and a lot more beneficial features that will give you the best of your Uverse.
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 15+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- High-performance device: Linksys EA7500 has a powerful processor with a dual-band wireless feature that supplies a fast internet speed of up to 1.9 Gbps at a rate of 2.4 GHz/ 600Mbps and 5GHz/1300Mbps at a wide coverage of up to 1500 sq.ft.
- Ethernet and USB port: It has a 4×1 gigabit ethernet port that connects to your devices at a high speed. It also has one 2.0 USB port for the transfer of smaller files and one 3.0 USB port for larger files.
- Smart WiFi: It has an easy-to-up application that can be downloaded and accessed on your devices, you can set up your internet access to suit your preference with the smart WiFi
- Advanced technology: It is enhanced with advanced features including the latest MU-MIMO technology, beamforming technology, Alexa WiFi access and more
- Wireless Security: Your network can be protected with its WPA/WPA2 encryption and its SPI firewall.
- Easy to set up and control
- Enables device prioritization
- Network security
- Fast WiFi speed
- Can be mounted on the wall
- Removable antennae
- Though cheaper than other Linksys products, it’s still a little costly
- No URL filtering
ASUS RT-AC5300 Wifi Gaming Router
ASUS RT-AC5300 is a tri-band Gigabit router that is equipped with the latest technology for maximum output and device optimization. It is one of the fastest routers in our list that would enable you and your loved ones to enjoy a hitch-free internet session across a wide range of network coverage.
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for...
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s...
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures...
- High-performance router: ASUS RT-AC5300 is a unique tri-band router composed of two 5GHz and one 2.4 GHz that delivers at an incredibly high speed of 5334 Mbps. It also has 8 antennas that provide a wider WiFi coverage of up to 5000 sq.ft.
- Smart Parental controls: ASUS RT-AC5300 has a smart parental control feature that enables you to restrict users from accessing particular sites. Parents can also be able to prevent their kids from accessing adult sites, time limits can also be allotted to users.
- Ethernet and USB ports: ASUS RT-AC5300 has a 4×1 gigabit port that enables 4 Ethernet compatible wired devices to be connected at a go and one 2.0 USB port for your wireless connection.
- ASUSWRT user interface and ASUS router application: It is enabled with an ASUSWRT user interface and ASUS router app that allows you to manage your router easily, without the use of an additional device.
- Advanced technology: It is also equipped with advanced technology including URL filtering, QoS, NitroQAM technology, the latest 4 by 4 MI-MIMO technology and others
- Multi-stage/AiProtection: With its multi-stage protection, your data can be shielded from corrupted devices and any stage of internet threats including viruses and other threats.
- Ultra high speed
- Wide WiFi coverage
- Option for advanced settings
- High quality and sturdy design
- Cannot be wall- mounted
- Only one USB 2.0 port
Turris Omnia 2020 (Open source device)
Turris Omnia is an open-source multifunctional device that doubles up as a router and could also perform the functions of a server, now that’s a high performer device! Turris Omnia is suitable for your work and home devices and of course your AT&T Uverse. It is one of the best open-source devices there is.
- Secure and powerful open source router and home server as "two in one"
- CPU Marvell Armada 385, Dual Core 1.6 GHz with 2 GB RAM and 8 GB eMMC
- It makes it possible to operate Wifi at 5 GHz (802.11 AC) and 2.4 GHz (802.11 b / g / n)...
- Open-source router: This router operates based on OpenWrt, it serves the dual purpose of a router and a normal home server which enables it to perform the function of a server all in one device.
- High performance: The device has a high-performance dual-core ARM CPU that works at 1.6 GHz, 3 adjustable LED antennas that enable the router to speed up to 3200Mbps so you can enjoy a smooth internet experience with your family and friends.
- Ethernet and USB ports: It comes with 6 ethernet ports for your wired devices and a 3.0 USB port that can be used for Network-attached storage (NAS) and cloud storage.
- Parental control: You can activate the parental control function to enable you to monitor your users’ activity on the web and also restrict your kids from accessing the adult site and confidential.
- Security set-up: Turris Omnia has a security configuration that is easy to set up with distributed adaptive firewalls and it also supports automatic firmware updates for optimum security against internet threats.
- Can function as a server.
- Incredible performance.
- Maximum security from various threats
- Automatic software updates
- Built-in virtual server.
- The device is a little large.
Netgear Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R6700)
Netgear Nighthawk Smart WiFi router is a high-performance router that works at an extremely high speed and a wider range of coverage, it would definitely work well with your ATT Uverse to give you a smooth, speedy and enjoyable online experience.
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet,...
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other...
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified...
- High-speed WiFi: The Netgear Nighthawk R6700 router has a super-fast speed up to 1750Mbps so you can play your favorite games and also stream videos without interruptions.
- High-performance device: Netgear Nighthawk R6700 router comes in a 1GHz dual-core processor and 3 external antennas and high-performance amplifiers that supply a wide range of coverage up to 1500 sq. ft. for up to 25 devices at a go.
- Wired Ethernet ports and USB connections: The router is suitable for both wired and wireless devices. It has 4 x 1 gigabit wired Ethernet ports suitable for your wired devices and one 3.0 USB port for wireless devices.
- Advanced technology: It is loaded with advanced technology function including Dual-band, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, personal cloud, VPN and more
- Parental controls: The router has a smart parental control function that enables you to monitor the user’s activity on the web and also restrict your young children from viewing adult content
- Netgear armor protection and network security: It provides all-round protection for your network and also comes with a Netgear armor that protects your data and devices from internet threats, interestingly it comes with a 30 days free trial too.
- Optimum protection and security
- Ideal for 4k streaming
- Easy of installation
- USB 3.0 connection
- Internal dual-core processor.
- Excellent bandwidth allocation
- A little pricey
- Bulky device
Netgear Nighthawk AC2600 Pro Gaming
Netgear Nighthawk AC2600 can otherwise be called a gaming router, it is the best AT&T compatible modems and routers on our list and it is an excellent pick for gamers, it is loaded with features that you an enjoyable gaming experience at a blazing fast speed.
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free,...
- Amp up your WiFi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6...
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced quality of service,...
- Remarkable WiFi speed: The router has a quad stream support with a top speed of 1733Mbps and 800Mbps on the 5GHz band 2.4GHz band respectively speeding up to 2.6Gbps, so you can play your favorite games without intermittent network interruption at a super-fast speed.
- Wired Ethernet and USB ports: It supports both wired and wireless devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports that can work like an external hard drive and a storage server for your wired and wireless devices respectively.
- High-performance device: The router is powered by a dual-core 1.7GHz processor with 256MB of RAM and 512MB of flash memory, four detachable external antennas, and MU-MIMO that provides better WiFi coverage up to 4000 sq.ft. It is ideal for fast-paced gaming, live streaming, and general web surfing
- Nighthawk app: You can easily set up your router while controlling and managing your internet with the Nighthawk app that can be downloaded on your mobile devices.
- Device prioritization: The Nighthawk AC2600 router allows you to prioritize your gaming devices by allocating bandwidth. With this option, you can enjoy your favorite games without network traffics while connecting to other devices
- Optimal network security: Nighthawk AC2600 router provides maximum security against internet threats for devices across your network. It provides a VPN server, firewall, WPA/WPA2, and gaming VPN client support for data security and privacy.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Ideal for gaming
- Multi-user MIMO technology
- Top-notch security
- A rather bulky router
- No smart parental control
- Quite pricey
Google WiFi system
Google WiFi system is different from all the routers on our list. It is a new type of device that can serve the function of a router by supplying fast and smooth WiFi coverage for your devices including your ATT Uverse.
- A new type of connected system for seamless WiFi coverage throughout your home, helping...
- Replaces your current router, and works your modem and internet service. It’s compatible...
- A single WiFi point covers up to 1,500 square feet, a set of three covers homes up to...
- An ideal replacement for your regular router: Google WiFi is a new type of connected system that would work well as a router and is very much compatible with major internet service providers including AT&T Uverse
- Sleek and attractive design: Unlike the routers on our list, the system comes in a white, sleek, and modern design that is portable and easy to operate.
- Fast connection with Network Assist: It is an advanced system that helps you to manage your network at the background and its network assist function automatically chooses the fastest bandwidth for connected devices
- Wide and seamless network coverage: The system comes in 3 packs, one WiFi point will cover as much as 1500 sq.ft. for a small apartment and the three WiFi points, altogether will cover up to 4500 sq.ft. for a large-sized home
- Family WiFi controls: Google WiFi system provides you with the option of monitoring the activity of your kids on the web. With the WiFi family control, you can pause the WiFi on their devices when you want.
- Easy set-up and installation with google WiFi app: The system is easy to set up with a simple app. You can control the activity of users and prioritize devices using the app.
- A fast internet connection and seamless coverage
- Easy to setup
- Family-friendly control features
- Attractive design
- No web interface,
- No antenna
- Lacks some advanced features
- Has only 2 Ethernet ports per point
- Limited support for smart devices.
Netgear Nighthawk R7000
Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is one of the best modem and router for AT&T Uverse that comes at an affordable price. It made it to our list owing to his super-fast and seamless performance
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed...
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet,...
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other...
- Super-fast and seamless WiFi performance: Enjoy the super-fast and seamless performance of Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with a dual bandwidth of up to 1900Mbps for your games and traffic-free video streaming with any of your devices.
- Maximum security: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 offers maximum security against internet threats with its Netgear Armor. It also secures your internet connection against all forms of intruders with its Guest WiFi access, DoS, firewall, VPN (OpenVPN Connect), and more.
- High-performance router: This router is designed with a 1GHz dual-core processor with 256MB of RAM and 128MB of storage space, 3 adjustable amplified antennas that provides an improved range of coverage up to 1800 sq. ft. for better web surfing experience.
- Ethernet and USB ports: Suitable for both wired and wireless devices, it comes with 4 Ethernet ports for wired devices. It also has one USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 port for wireless data transfers.
- Smart parental control: Nighthawk R7000 affords you the opportunity to monitor and control the activity of your kids and users on your network.
- Nighthawk app: With the nighthawk app, you can easily set-up your router and manage your internet connections via the app.
- Advanced technology: Additionally, the Nighthawk R7000 router is loaded with advanced technology features including; Beamforming technology, Smart connect, QoS, Amazon Alexa voice controls, and many more.
- A wider range of network coverage
- Open-source firmware
- Sleek design
- Fast WiFi speed
- Wall mountable
- Detachable antennas
- Easy to set-up WiFi connection
- Bulky design
Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200
Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 is the fastest router on our list, it is one of our best AT&T Uverse router suitable for streaming and games. It runs with a Quad-core processor that has the capacity to deliver a seamlessly fast WiFi speed for a lot of devices at a go. It is the fastest Nighthawk router there is.
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage with AD7200 speed...
- Recommended up to 45 devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and...
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other...
- Ultra-fast Jet speed: The router runs at an awesomely fast wireless speed with a tri-band width up to 800+1733+4600 Mbps making a total of up to 7.2Gbps! It has an 802.11AC/ad WiFi that is ideal for uninterrupted live streaming and your video gaming.
- Ethernet and USB ports: It is compatible with wired and wireless devices. It comes with a 6×1 gigabit Ethernet LAN port to connect to more wired devices and you can share storage drives and printers with connected devices while creating cloud storage that you can access anywhere with the 2.0×3.0 USB ports.
- 10 Gigabit LAN SFP + port: It has a 10 Gigabit fiber connection that provides a super-fast backup and streaming speed. With this fiber connection, you can access your NAS upfront.
- Router with a remarkable performance: The router is designed with a powerful 1.7GHz quad-core processor and four adjustable amplified antennas have a wireless coverage of up to 2500 sq.ft for up to 45 devices at a go.
- Nighthawk app: The nighthawk app allows you to easily set up your router and manage the activities on your network, it is easy to access and can be downloaded on your mobile devices
- Smart parental controls: It has a smart parental control function that allows you to filter websites, manage, and monitor users’ internet activities.
- Advanced technology: It is loaded with advanced technology features including MU-MIMO, beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa voice control amidst others.
- Ultra-fast speed
- Speedy 60GHz throughput
- Fast file transfer
- Supports MU-MIMO technology
- super expensive
- No detailed QoS setting
Linksys Tri-Band AC5400 Max-stream Router
Linksys Max-stream Tri-Band router is one of our best AT&T Uverse routers. It has the fastest speed in the Linksys series and is designed to be a great pick for work and entertainment that can be used at home and in offices. It can be used by multiple devices at the same time without compromising speed and performance.
- Provides up to 3,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 25+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Seamless and fast roaming: With this router, you can have access to uninterrupted WiFi connection with your devices anywhere around your home and offices with its seamless roaming feature when used alongside a max-stream range extender.
- Ultra-fast speed: It has a tri-band WiFi width that runs at a blazing speed up to 5.3Gbps (5GHz/1000Mbps + 5GHz/2166Mbps + 2.4GHz/2166Mbps that is suitable for all manner of web surfing including gamings, streamings, and more
- Eight Gigabit Ethernet Ports: It comes with 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports that let you connect with a lot of wired devices for file transfer at a remarkably fast speed
- Linksys smart WiFi: You can easily set up your router and manage your internet connections with the Linksys smart app that loaded with WiFi works with an existing modem.
- Powerful performance device: The router is powered by a powerful 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and 8 adjustable antennas for a far-reaching WiFi coverage up to 3000 sq.ft. that can make up to four simultaneous streams so you can enjoy your favorite online games.
- Smart Control function/Parental control: With its smart control function that allows you to monitor the activities of users on your network, you could also use it to restrict your kids from accessing adult sites in or away from home.
- Network security: It has security settings that IPv4 and IPv6 firewall protection, internet filtering, and VPN.
- MU-MIMO: With the advanced MU-MIMO technology, you can connect to multiple devices at the same time and enjoy the same top-notch fast speed for your web surfings and gamings.
- Easy to install and operate
- Enables MU-MIMO technology
- Multiple LAN ports
- Fast and seamless WiFi speed
- Guaranteed excellent performance
- It has a bulky design
TP-Link AC1750 router incorporates both fast speed and impressive WiFi coverage at a very affordable price. They were awarded the highest in customer satisfaction twice, you can’t expect less with its many amazing features that are suitable for both wired and wireless devices including the ATT Uverse.
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices,...
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps...
- High-speed WiFi: Like every other router on our link, TP-Link AC1750 router works at a super-fast WiFi speed with its dual-band WiFi that speeds up to 1750Mbps (450Mbps for 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps for 5GHz) It is also ideal for 4k streaming.
- Exceptional WiFi coverage: TP-Link AC1750 router has three adjustable antennas and strong amplifiers that to multiple devices across a wide range of up to 2500 sq.ft. so you can enjoy a glitch-free network anywhere around your home.
- Network security: With TP-Link, there is guaranteed protection for connected devices across your network with advanced WPA/WPA2, parental control for monitoring the activities of your kids on the web, and guest access for restriction of unwanted users.
- High-performance router: It has a powerful CPU and solid hardware that guarantees fast speed processing for up to 50 devices and bandwidth prioritization.
- Ethernet and USB port: It supports the transfer of files for both wired and wireless devices respectively with 4 Gigabit LAN ports for wired devices and 1 USB 2.0 port for wireless devices for sharing USB drive contents.
- TP-Link Tether app: It uses a TP-Link tether app that allows you to easily set up and manage your WiFi at home and even through your cloud storage.
- Alexa voice control: With the Alexa control function, you can turn the guest WiFi off or on with a simple voice command.
- Easy to set up and operate
- 4k streaming for games and videos
- Parental control option
- Impressive range of coverage
- Allows bandwidth prioritization
- Can be connected to multiple devices
- Intermittent rebooting may be required
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best router for ATT Uverse?
The best router for ATT Uverse somewhat depends on what you need the router to do. For example, there are routers specially designed for specific activities like gaming routers, some are only suitable for mainstream users. So it is important to know what you are looking for in a router to find the one that is best for you.
What routers are compatible with AT&T Uverse?
Quite a number of routers are compatible with AT&T Uverse and the major linking points between them are faster internet speed, better network coverage, network control, security, and advanced setting options for multiple devices.
Can I use a Netgear router with AT&T Uverse?
Yes, you can, Netgear routers are loaded with features that make them work well with AT&T Uverse in order for AT&T Uverse subscribers to enjoy super-fast wifi speed, better network coverage, security, and other advanced functions.
Can I use my own router with ATT Uverse?
Sure, why not? IIn fact we recommend that you get a compatible third-party router in order for you to enjoy the services of your ATT Uverse to the max because the router that comes with AT&T Uverse that has a low bandwidth and network coverage.
Is AT&T discontinuing Uverse?
There have been lots of rumors going on about AT&T shutting down their Uverse internet. However, this is not true, AT&T is not discontinuing Uverse, they have only stopped receiving online orders for Uverse. You can still order for your Uverse by putting a call through to AT&T.
How can I speed up my ATT Uverse Internet?
To speed up your ATT Uverse internet, you need to get a router that offers a faster internet speed and wider coverage and there are quite a number of them, only make sure that it is compatible with your AT&T Uverse. We recommend any of the routers on our list for your ATT Uverse.