If you’re like most people, you rely on your home wifi for everything from streaming entertainment to working from home. But if your wifi isn’t strong enough in some areas, you might start to experience buffering, lag, and other frustrating issues. That’s where wifi extenders or mesh wifi systems come in. By extending the reach of your wifi signal, these devices can help to ensure that you have the best possible coverage throughout your home. Whether you’re trying to stay connected in the basement or the backyard, a wifi extender can make all the difference. So if you’re looking for ways to boost your wifi signal, an extender or mesh system may be the best solution for you.
Wifi extenders work by amplifying the signal from your router and broadcasting it to a wider area. Mesh wifi systems, on the other hand, consist of multiple small units that creates a mesh network. This type of system is especially beneficial for large homes or homes with thicker walls, as the units can be placed throughout the house to ensure even coverage. So if you’re tired of weak or patchy wifi, consider investing in an extender or mesh system.
Verizon’s wifi service has proven itself to be highly reliable with excellent speeds for customers. However, in certain areas the wifi signal often does not cover a room. Fear not! There is also an extension for wireless internet. Even if you have the best wifi, you may have a dead zone in your home or office. There are an incredible amount of wifi extenders available in the market. So much that it can be overwhelming trying to figure out what you want. Lets dive right in and decide which are some of the best available for Verizon wireless connections.
NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
- NO MORE DEAD ZONES: Whole home mesh Wi-Fi coverage of up to 4,500 square feet Mesh...
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or...
- WIRED ETHERNET PORT: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby...
The netgear mesh wifi system comes in many different models and packages. The RBK13 covers up to 4,500 square feet and is overall a great bang for your buck. If you require a larger footprint coverage wise, then they have you covered! This package comes with one router and two satellites. This package is a dual band system that supports up to 1.2 gbps of internet usage and is best for plans that support up to 100mbps. Check with your isp to see what your speed is as netgear has a package for each speed and home size. The orbi mesh wifi system supports Alexa as well as the google voice assistant. You only need one wifi name throughout your home (unlike a wifi extender) and it supports WPA2 protocols.
- Guest Wi-Fi access
- vpn capabilites
- wired ethernet port
- Smallest coverage of netgear mesh wifi products
- Only good for plans up to 100mbps
TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
- If you're looking to ditch your traditional router extender setup for a whole Home Wi-Fi...
- Better coverage than traditional Wi-Fi routers: Deco M5 uses 3 units working seamlessly to...
- Seamless and Stable Wi-Fi: Rather than Wi-Fi range extender that need multiple network...
We wrote about this mesh wifi system in an earlier post talking about the best mesh wifi for verizon fios. While this article also includes wifi extenders in case you don’t need an entire mesh network, we would be remiss if we did not include this. The TP-Link Deco mesh wifi system.
This mesh wifi system can replace your traditional router with a more efficient network that has coverage of up to 5,500 square feet. The fantastic part about the mesh network is you are on a single network the entire time, rather than a wifi extender which creates a new network name and password. The adaptive routing technology will automatically choose the quickest path/connection for our device depending on where you are at any given time. It comes with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare which has parental controls and antivirus software. A simple app is used to control the network and is also alexa compatible for all you smart home lovers out there. For anyone requiring a more stable connection, each node comes with 2 Gigabit ethernet ports. They will work with all isp’s!
- 5,500 square ft coverage
- lifetime subscription
- 2gig ethernet port
- universal compatibility
- Annoying to initially reconnect existing devices to network during setup
TP-Link AX3000 WiFi 6 Range Extender
- WiFi Extender Signal Booster For Home: Expand high-performance WiFi with RE700X featuring...
- WiFi Booster with WiFi 6 Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more reliable streaming, gaming,...
- Connect More Devices to Your Network: Connect more devices that are out of range from your...
The TP-Link AX3000 is a great choice for your home. This wifi extender comes with wifi 6 speeds designed for optimal coverage inside your home. It is compatible with any router, gateway, or access point so no need to worry if you upgrade your router or switch providers. The AX3000 utilizes MU-MIMO Wave 2 technology which sends targeted wifi signals to each device in order to ensure stronger performance as well as an optimal connection. The built in smart indicator light will help you decide where to place the wifi extender based on signal strength in a given areas of your home. There is a gigabit ethernet port so if you have verizon fios you will be sure to utilize all the speed if you so desire. Remember, this is meant to increase your coverage, not speed. So if you have slow internet speed, don’t expect this to increase your bandwidth, just your reach!
- smart indicator
- gigabit ethernet port
- universal compatibility
- Wifi 6 fast speeds
- hassle to set up near router first then move to desired location
- covers entire outlet
TP-Link AC1200 WiFi Extender
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage : Boost Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 1500 Square feet and connects...
- Fast Ethernet Port: Experience wired speed and reliability anywhere in your home by...
- Access Point Mode: The Ethernet port of RE315 can easily turn your wired Internet...
The compact TP-Link wifi extender can boost your wifi covereage up to 1500 square feet more and can connect up to 25 devices. The Ethernet port of this wifi extender can easily turn your wired Internet connection into a wireless access point. It can also function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices, like a laptop, game console or smart TV. While this product has universal compatibility, since it is a TP-Link product, it also supports OneMesh if you have a TP-Link Mesh network extender.
- acts as a node if you have an existing mesh network
- Ethernet port access point mode
- universal compatibility
- clunky design
- antennas might block access to second outlet if plug is larger
NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender EX5000
- Extended wireless coverage: Add’s Wi-Fi range coverage up to 1500 square feet, and...
- AC1200 WI-FI SPEED: Provides up to 1200 Mbps performance.
- Universal compatibility: Works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with...
This Netgear wifi extender is a fantastic budget option for a dead zone areas of your home. This single unit has a small footprint and plugs into the wall for immediate use. You can connect up to 25 devices with an expanded connection up to 1500 square feet. This extender comes with a wps button which means one push and you are connected to your router and ready to rock. Another great feature of this wifi extender is its universal compatibility. So if you switch providers at any point this will still work with whatever new router you get whether it be from your new provider or you simply bought a better one.
- One push connectivity
- universal capability
- small footprint
- doesn’t support native mesh network like tp-link extender